Friday, August 1, 2008

Presque Isle




This past weekend I went with a group of friends from MOSAIC down Erie, PA for a day at Presque Isle. What a day!
I met up with Jeff and Karin at Jeff's house around 8:30am. The three of us were going to drive together. Karin and I were both tired from being up late the night before. I for one was glad that Jeff was driving. We left Jeff's about 9:00 to head down to Hamburg to meet up with Julie, Alanna and Alex. We got there around 9:30 and were on the road by 10. It took us about two hours to travel to Presque Isle.
When we arrived at the park, it took us a little bit of time to find a parking spot. It had rained and being near a beach there were a lot of large puddles that took up parking spaces. We did finally grab a space that Mark W left when he brought the jet skis to the dock. We parked, got our stuff out of the car and headed to the beach. Kisha was manning the grill and some others were sunning. I was tired (especially since I had taken some Benadryl about two hours earlier) and I felt like I was going to fall over. I did end up laying down for about twenty minutes before Brad felt it necessary to put sand all over me. Thanks Brad!
Lunch was good with hot dogs, hamburgers, salads and baked beans. After lunch most everyone headed down to the water. The waves were coming in strong. It was fun to try and beat the wave. I know a couple times the waves beat me. Everyone in the water looked like they were having a great time.
Later in the afternoon a group of us went over to the sand volleyball courts to try and play. Sometimes it was a challenge because of the different levels of skill. We did have some good volleys and everyone had a great time. After volleball everyone was hungry again so we went back to the beach to prepare dinner and then get ready for the sunset.
What a sunset it was! Beautiful is not expressive enough.
The day ended with me riding back with Julie, Alanna and Alex. We stopped at a Chick-fil-A for a bite to eat. They have great chicken sandwiches and delicious shakes. Julie drove to her house and Alex and I left so he could bring me back to Jeff's so I could get my car. It was a long day.
I was glad I went.
Until next time
Blessings to you~~

4 comments:

One Blessed Momma said...

Great recap of the day!

I am so blessed for everyone fr planning and inviting me in on the day!

Alanna and I had a phenomenal day!

The pictures are amazing as always!!!

Alex said...

Once again, great recap of the day! (gah! Julie got to it before me!)

It was great hanging out with everyone, and it was a great day for the picnic/beach party!! I know I had a great time!

The food was amazing, I felt absolutely blessed by the great cooks we had around us!

Thanks for taking such great pictures and the great blog!

Kisha said...

It was a FANTASTIC Day! :) Glad you made it down and joined us in our frolicking!

Love ya!

Kisha

A_A_Arif said...

I love ur blog. its great. thanks.